- We were appointed by the Department for Education (DfE) to help de-risk the planning process involved in delivering a new 200 place Special Education Needs (SEN) school.
- We are retained as planning advisors nationally for the DfE and have advised on several school projects, bringing together experience from both public and private sector clients.
- The site identified is allocated in the Development Plan for housing and the scheme effects sports pitches locally.
- We organised and led a pre-application engagement meeting with Leeds City Council, followed by clarification discussions before then advising our client.
- We sought confirmation of the principle of use, access strategy, environmental standards and sports pitch standards and access.
- We used our experience working with contractors on similar sites to make sure that the scheme would be deliverable.
- The principle of use was established, with the Council supporting this in policy terms.
- Clear advice was given on environmental standards and other matters which will allow a clear brief for contractors.
- Clarity for our client in the pre-application process.
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email