- We were appointed by St Modwen homes to take forward a detailed planning application for 91 dwellings on land at the former Vulcan Works site in Newton-le-Willows.
- The site was identified as Phase 4 in an earlier outline consent and had been subject to a Reserved Matters application by another developer.
- We entered into pre-app discussions with the LPA to agree the overall planning strategy. We then progressed a detailed planning application through to determination, successfully demonstrating that the proposals would deliver a high quality scheme that would integrate well with the earlier phases of development.
- Viability was a key issue, with extensive discussion needed with the Council’s appointed consultant to secure agreement that the development could not support any affordable housing contribution.
- Planning permission was secured for St Modwen Homes with 0% affordable housing and no requirement for a S106 legal agreement.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email