- Previous refusal of application for 148 residential apartments, principally on the grounds of noise from the adjacent Core Employment Area and scale, relative to the surrounding predominantly 2-3 storey development.
- We were appointed to lead the Project Team in developing a Build-to-Rent residential scheme that could overcome the previous reasons for refusal.
- Working collaboratively with the appointed architects, we negotiated massing of up to 8 storeys, and successfully addressed all design considerations, including the relationship to an adjacent locally listed building.
- We worked closely with the architect and acoustic consultants to design-in the appropriate measures to mitigate noise from the Core Employment Area, consistent with 'Agent of Change' principles.
- We also negotiated the S106 legal agreement, securing a significantly reduced affordable housing requirement.
- Planning permission was secured for 203 apartments, with only 10% affordable housing.
- We were subsequently retained to work with the appointed contractor to secure approval for various post-permission minor amendments.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and properties by email