- High Peak Council were applying to the Government's Future High Street Fund (FHSF) programme, aimed at diversifying town centres for the 21st century.
- The bid was focussed on the Spring Gardens/ Springs Shopping Centre area within Buxton town centre. This is a traditional high street area and had recently experienced a rise in vacancies, as well as the closure of high profile stores.
- We were appointed to lead a multi-disciplinary team, including urban designers and transport consultants, to develop a deliverable, viable masterplan and prepare a Business Case for submission as part of the FHSF bid.
- We developed a materplan inclusive of the following key elements:
- a new route from the station to the high street;
- replacing surface car parking with basement parking to free up development space;
- a new public space which will accommodate new leisure, education, retail and restaurant uses;
- re-use of vacant upper floors.
- We engaged with local stakeholders such as the University of Derby, local civic groups, traders, and landowners to ensure widespread community consultation.
- We delivered a viable Business Case that met the FHSF criteria, alongside a deliverable masterplan.
- We were subsequently engaged to advise the council on partnering with a potential development partner.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email