- We were appointed by Trinity College Dublin as lead consultant and building surveyor as part of an integrated consultancy team to undertake estate wide condition surveys ahead of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPMs). We were to provide a projected ten-year expenditure profile, based on a room by room inspection.
- The instruction involved pulling together a large, and experienced team of consultants to survey an extremely varied estate, with property ranging from the modern day back to the 17th century. Over half of the surveyed assets were Protected Structures, including properties of significant cultural and national stature.
- Surveys were to be conducted around a busy, fully functioning university, before pivoting to safely managing access during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- To enable multiple, simultaneous surveys, whilst maintaining consistency and quality, we partnered with Kykloud to take advantage of their data capture software and comprehensive database. Given the bespoke nature of the estate, we engaged with the College Facilities & Estates team to create a bespoke data capture question set.
- Through open dialogue with the College delivery team we were able to maintain the original programme (excluding the peak of Covid-19 lockdowns) right through to the completion of the instruction. A feat only possible due to the scale and stability of our regional Building Consultancy team; allowing us to change access programs at short notice, whilst upping resources where possible and necessary.
- Surveys were completed, generating detailed maintenance costs over a ten-year window. All were individually scored on a Condition-Priority matrix, helping to assist with risk-based estate management.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email