- We received instructions to assist in the relocation of a number of elderly people who had been affected by flooding in a residential care home.
- All the people who had to be evacuated were retired and required assistance with local facilities as part of their relocation process.
- We immediately relocated the tenants into local hotels, within walking distance of the affected premises, as well as local GP’s and pharmacies.
- Communication links with the brokers/adjusters were set up, as well as an extended line of credit for displaced residents who were in need of daily travel to and from day care centres.
- Our team liaised with local agents and arranged viewings for properties with the customers and coordinated the removal of personal effects for those customers whose possessions had not been damaged by the flooding to be removed to a storage facility.
- A bordereaux spreadsheet for payment was created as directed by the appointed adjuster and made general living payments for the tenants, such as laundry, pharmacy costs, taxi fares, etc.
- Two and a half years after the initial evacuation, the last customers returned back to the care home in good health and high spirits.
- We were invited by the residents and the property management companies of the premises to attend the return party to celebrate the residents return to normality.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email