LSH were instructed to Project Monitor a new 146,000 square foot BREEAM-rated air cargo handling facility, incorporating a two-story 21,000 square foot Grade A standard office / amenity block.
The Clients Challenge
- To deliver a cutting-edge logistics building for use as their base at Manchester Airport that will be recognisable on an international scale.
- To collaborate with the developer and their professional team to drive value, timely delivery and create an exceptional workplace.
- To be innovative in the use of building products, materials and technology.
- Critical internal site tolerances, levels and dimensions to be adhered to for the automated container handling apparatus.
What LSH Did
- Obtained, detailed and incorporated the fit-out accommodation standard to allow this to be priced by the developer's tendering contractors.
- Technical Due Diligence of developer base-build specification, base-build enhancements and fit-out scheme, including costs and exploration of value-engineered options, amongst other commercial aspects.
- Review of Agreement for Lease, Lease and Construction documents, including Deeds of Appointment and Collateral Warranties, in conjunction with client's legal advisors.
- Liason with the client's named German specialist container handling system fit-out contractor.
- Client technical representation at regular site progress meetings, management of Permitted Variations clause within the Agreement of Lease, etc.
- Provision of building Reinstatement Cost Assessment for insurance.
"Gayle and her team are doing a fantastic job of protecting my interests and driving the project forward. This is an aspirational project but it is key for me that it remains a reality - Gayle is making sure of that! We've achieved a lot since I bought the land and I am looking forward to getting started on the site"
COO, Dubai National Air Travel Authority (dnata) Ltd
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email