As the new backbone for the country’s transport network, it will be a catalyst for sustained and balanced economic growth across Britain.
Fast, frequent and reliable rail services will transform capacity and connectivity in the Midlands and the North, bringing more choice and opportunity within reach of 30 million people. This is why we’re so proud to be one of the project’s strategic suppliers.
As a truly national property business, we’re committed to the principles of the Northern Powerhouse and Midlands Engine to instigate economic growth across the regions. We’re a leading supplier of property services to the transport industry, with clients including rail and freight operators, infrastructure landowners, coach and bus operators, ports and harbours, and aviation clients with operational and non-operational portfolios.
The firm was established to be involved in once-in-a-generation initiatives like HS2, and we’ve already helped the project to achieve some of its initial objectives.
How we’re doing our bit
We’ve been on the HS2 property services framework since 2013. In the period since, we have won contracts across a range of workstreams, including:
• Phase One and Two Valuations – to support HS2’s Discretionary Acquisition schemes (e.g. Rural Support Zone, Need to Sell and Exceptional Hardship Scheme).
• West Midlands acquisitions – covering the Phase One route across the West Midlands, including the new station at Curzon Street in central Birmingham.
• Residential Market Analysis – carried out by our Countrywide Research Team.
• Property Management – managing properties acquired by HS2 across Phase One and Two. These include residential properties acquired under Discretionary Schemes and statutory blight provisions, and commercial properties acquired by agreement in advance of Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO).
• Transition Management – facilitating a smooth acquisition process for all properties and their transfer into management, supporting the future construction requirements of the project and providing best value for money to the taxpayer.
• Phase Two Property Services Contract – we have most recently been awarded the work for Phase 2a of the route between Birmingham and Crewe, as well as the western leg of Phase 2b between Crewe and Manchester.
All hands on deck
We’ve mobilised offices across our network to provide specialist advice and local knowledge along the HS2 line of route, with additional support from across other divisions as required.
A broad range of services has been required and we’ve already provided support through our CPO team, Property Management, Transport, Building Consultancy, Industrial, Retail and Office Agency, and Planning and Development. We’re even setting up a CPO Academy to support the project as it progresses from concept to construction. Working in support of HS2’s strategic goal to create opportunities for skills and employment, the Academy will help ensure we have the pipeline of skilled resource this project and others will require in the future.
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and properties by email