We can help you manage your surplus or legacy estate in line with business goals – reducing costs and raising capital receipts by disposing of assets in a timely and tax-efficient way.
Making the most of your surplus/legacy estate
Changes to the way your business operates can often leave you with surplus properties that incur significant costs. As well as rent and rates, you may be liable for ongoing service charges or dilapidation costs.
Our corporate real estate experts can help you identify the best opportunities to mitigate these liabilities. Working in conjunction with capital markets, lease advisory and transaction experts, we will provide you with solutions that reduce costs and unlock value from your surplus portfolio.
Reviewing your estates, prioritising disposal
We can help you by:
- Providing a comprehensive analysis of total estate costs and where you can reduce them
- Reviewing all leases, including identifying any potentially restrictive clauses and covenants and confirming surrender costs
- Finding opportunities to reduce liability by subletting
- Recommending ways to minimise holding costs such as service charges and empty property rates
- Prioritising assets for disposal
- Disposing of assets in a timely and tax efficient manner with minimal impact on your balance sheet
We can also provide property management services, acting as the ‘landlord’ on your estates so you don’t have to.
Advice founded on first hand local knowledge and experience
We are the UK’s leading agent for the disposal of surplus sites across the UK.
Our advice is founded on first-hand local market knowledge, understanding and experience, and we have developed creative and innovative solutions for the disposal of surplus space. These include joint venture (JV) and special purpose vehicle (SPV) solutions to unlock complex development opportunities, bundled up lease liabilities or the tax-efficient surrender of a lease.
Our track record is second to none, with clients including Telereal Trillium, Atkins, British Railways Board (Residuary) Ltd., Siemens, Kwik Fit, BBC, AXA and Boots plc.